How do I apply? (AWARD$)
Download our most recent application, or give us a call at 919-967-3272 to request one be mailed or faxed to you. When filling out the application please take your time, write legibly, and complete the entire form. Note that your employer is also responsible for filling out and signing a portion of the application.
2) Income Verification
- Employee: Send a copy of a current pay stub (we only need one) that accurately reflects your normal schedule. If you work 40 hours per week, your pay stub should show very close to 40 hours.
- Family Child Care Educator: Complete and return the Schedule Worksheet.
- Facility Owner: Please supply your most recent 1040 tax form, all supporting schedules, and the W-2 form. If you file jointly, the W-2 forms from both parties must be submitted. Additional tax documentation may be requested if necessary.
3) Official Transcript
Submit official transcripts by mail for ALL college coursework completed at a regionally accredited college or university. Official transcripts are generally printed on special school paper for security purposes and may also feature a stamped school seal. Copied or faxed transcripts cannot be accepted. Workshops and training hours are not acceptable documentation. Review our Transcript Tips for more information.
Note: If your college or university has the technology (E.g. WebAdvisor) that allows us to download your grades, we can potentially do so on your behalf. To begin this process, fill out and return the Internet Transcript Permission Form.
Tips to ensure your Infant-Toddler Educator AWARD$® application can be processed:
- To be eligible for AWARD$, you must work at least 35 hours with children birth through age two. A current pay stub is required with your application that shows your rate of pay and the hours worked. If you work full-time, please be certain that your pay stub reflects your typical full-time schedule. An applicant will not qualify for AWARD$ with a pay stub showing fewer than 35 hours per week.
- The employment section of the application (page four) must have an answer in every single blank. ALL employment information is vital. Your employer must complete this section. Before submitting your application, be sure that it is complete. AWARD$ cannot process your application if it is submitted with unanswered questions.
- Please send an official transcript with your application unless it is already on file with WAGE$ or Early Educator Certification. AWARD$ cannot get a transcript from the Division of Child Development and Early Education. To be sure your application is complete, send an official transcript with your application packet.
Child Care Services Association
PO Box 901
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
If you have any questions, call an AWARD$ counselor at 919-967-3272 and we will walk you through every step. We are available by phone Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. When calling please reference AWARD$.